Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Silly Doggy

Last Saturday I moved in with my third and final host family-- the Martinovszkys. Erika and István are my host parents, and my host brother, also István, lives in Budapest, while my host sister, Fruzsina, is on exchange in Brazil. I am now the only child living at home and, while I miss having siblings, I have a huge bedroom to myself, which is certainly a perk.

The funniest member of my family, by far, is Maszat, the family dog. The name Maszat is almost the equivalent of dust bunny, and Maszat sticks true to his name by picking up tons of dirt and twigs in his crazy, dreadlocked coat. Maszat is a Hungarian Puli and I think he is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Pulis are shepherding dogs and are famous for their coats which wind themselves into tight dreadlocks. Because Maszat's coat is so thick and hard to clean, he is strictly an outside dog. I give him the most attention out of any of the other family members, so everytime I come home from school he runs in front of me, lies down so I almost step on him (ironic, since he looks like a bathroom floor mat), and then he proceeds to lick my feet as I unlock the front door. Maszat and I are two of a kind with our crazy curly hair, so I have uploaded some pictures for you to check us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment