Friday, August 26, 2011

Whale Rescue!

Just a few weeks ago I was on my balcony greeting the day when I noticed a kerfuffle of some sort going on just down the beach from where I live. Curious, I threw my running shoes on and headed towards the big crowd. I discovered that a baby humpback whale had beached itself overnight and the crowd surrouding him was watching as a team of experts did what they could to get him back into the water. About five minutes afer I arrived, the calf, with much help, did in fact make it back into the water, and he was guided out to sea to be reunited with his mother.



Here's a link to an news article with some pictures and more info, if you're interested:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/rescuers-are-working-to-save-a-baby-humpback-whale-that-has-beached-itself-at-surfers-paradise/story-e6freoof-1226110640129

No comments:

Post a Comment