Thursday, October 6, 2011

Coolangatta Beach Day

Coolangatta is a suburb about an hour long bus ride from where I live. It's known for its great surf and beautiful beaches, so a group of about 40 of us exchange students decided that it would be great to have a beach weekend there. We spent the day riding the waves, soaking up the sun, and listening to music. Then in the evening, we all spent the night at the same hostel and went out dancing together. One of my favorite Canadian bands, Hey Rosetta!, will be touring around Australia in the next few weeks, and they're playing a show in Coolangatta. Of course I bought my ticket a long time ago, and got to check out the nice venue where I'll be seeing them. They're playing the day after my birthday, which will be a pretty nice present.

 Here are some cool pictures I took at the Coolangatta beach with my friends.


Coolangatta Beach


Catching some waves

A friend we made on the way to the beach

Excited me with a poster for the upcoming Hey Rosetta! concert.


Tuckered out on the bus after a day of sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment