Thursday, November 10, 2011

Done! Done! Done!

I'm done my semester! Got all of my essays in, and now I'm a free bird. I've spent thepast few days of freedom going back and forth between the beach, the pool, and the couch -- it's been glorious. Now that I've had a few lazy days I'm starting to yearn to travel and explore a bit. My roommate Sonja and I have planned a trip to Melbourne for November 24th. We'll stay in Melbourne for just under a week, and then take 2 weeks to drive the Great Ocean Road and then back up the Coast to Brisbane, hitting up Sydney on the way. We're still trying to get all of our planning done, but the more we find out about what kinds of cool things we can see along the way, the more excited we're getting.

Since I last posted, a couple of fun things have traspired:

First, I had my birthday!


I invited a bunch of my friends to come over for a BBQ and some drinks, and then we headed out to dance. I really enjoyed the party, and best of all, my roommate Tessa made two pies for me! One pecan and one caramel nut. They were delicious.

Second, the Gold Coast hosted their annual V8 Supercars race. Our apartment building is located right along the race track, so we got a front row (and free!) seat to all of the action. Unfortunately, we also had to listen to the noise of the car race all day, which, let me tell you, is A LOT of noise.
It's been getting warmer and warmer here. The days are now consistently about 25 degrees at the peak of the day, which is more than warm enough for me. As much as I love the heat and the beach, the sun here is really strong, so I try to keep out of it as much as I can. I think I'll be really happy to escape the heat by the time my flight home comes about. However, not sure what my body will think of going from +25 to -25....

No comments:

Post a Comment