Friday, September 2, 2011

Canada vs. Australia Rugby

The Rugby World Cup starts on September 9th in New Zealand, and in preparation for the World Cup, Canada and Australia played a match here on the Gold Coast. Forty of us exchange students got organized and bought tickets to the game. There was a surprising number of Canadian fans at the game, and all were dressed to the nines in flags and red and white painted faces. I spent the whole afternoon the day before the game searching for face paint, and couldn't find any! So I decided I was going to try to make my own face paint out of cornstarch, face cream, and food colouring. Unfortunately, I couldn't make the facepaint red enough, and ended up painting my face with and subsequently washing off a big pink maple leaf. I didn't even have a red shirt or sweater to wear to the game, so shamefully settled on using my red lipstick to paint a small maple leaf on my cheek.

Canada actually didn't get their butts kicked, which was good, considering we Canadians don't have the rugby culture that they have here in Oz.




When the game was over, many of the players greeted fans and gave autographs on the field. There was one particularly cute Canadian player who my roommate decided I needed a picture with. His name was Connor. He was very cute indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment