Friday, September 2, 2011

Housewarming Party

Two weeks ago, my roommates and I hosted a housewarming party for our beautiful apartment. Collectively we baked three cakes and about 4 dozen cookies and brownies to serve at the party. We also served tea and hot chocolate. My favorite baked good was a chocolate layer cake that I had invented about a week earlier. The cake has orange rind icing in the middle and is covered in whipping cream -- really yummy! I also really loved the sugar cookies that we iced in all different colours.

There is another group of 4 exchange students living on a different floor of our building, so we decided that we would jointly run the housewarming party. Thus, guests spent the first few hours at our apartment indulging in baked goods, and then we headed downstairs for pizza, chips and drinks. Someone brought a guitar to the party, so later in the evening we all took turns passing the guitar around and singing. All in all, the party was a great success, and and a perfect excuse to bake until I dropped!


No comments:

Post a Comment